Monday, June 6, 2011

Empty Spaces

After relocating my blueberry bushes I was left with an empty canvas to work with, and like usual a minimal amount of money to work with. Fortunately I have time and patience.
With one hundred dollars in my pocket I headed to Lowes and tried to get the most out of each dollar. Luckily the had roses bushes on sale for $5.00 each. I also managed to find three small Lilac bushes for $9.00 each. I did splurge on two Hydrangeas bushes for $12.00. I was able to pick up a few other small perennials as fillers. In the end I ended up with 7 rose bushes, 3 lilac bushes, 2 hydrangeas bushes and 6 small perennials. The key was I bought small versions that will need a couple of years to mature.
The area still looks kind of barren, but I know in two years it will look like the garden of my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment